You may have thought about a color scheme for your custom pool that goes with your house, outdoor furniture, and fence, but have you thought about the color for the inside of your pool? It can be tricky because there are so many things that influence the color of the water. The weather, the size of your pool and plaster choices are a few factors. First, let’s take a look at some options.
Pool water color typically falls into five categories; Blue, Aquamarine, Green, Black Bottom casting a green hue and Black Bottom casting a blue hue. What do these colors communicate to someone looking at your pool?
- Blue Hues – Friendly and fun
- Aquamarine Hues – Peace and harmony
- Green Hues – Bold and nature
- Black Bottom Hues – Sophisticated and elegant
Our designers can help you get the look you want once you’ve decided on a color, but here are a few things to consider.
- The color of your home and the color of your surrounds (like green from your trees or plants) can affect the color of the water in your pool.
- Plaster color impacts the water color. Plaster that is a lighter color will cause the water to have a green look. Darker shades give the pool water color more of a blue look.
- Outdoor pool colors are also influenced by the weather and how much light there is in your yard.
- Water actually refracts light. Because of this, it mimics the color of the sky which is normally blue.
- The depth of the pool can also influence the color.
We can’t wait to help you install your pool. Imagine looking out at the sunlight sparkling on your pool with the water color of your dreams.