Heating your swimming pool can take a lot of energy and cause your heating bill to go up. You can reduce your swimming pool’s heating bills by installing a solar pool heater. Solar energy is one of the most cost-effective ways to heat pools, hot-tubs, etc.
You will want to consider the following when looking into the correct size solar heating system for your pool:
- Size of your pool
- How long you want your swimming season to be (do you want to heat your pool in the winter)
- How warm do you like your pool
- Collector efficiency
- Will you be using a pool cover and what type
- Have your solar system contractor help you determine what you need.
Where to put your SOLAR POOL HEATING SYSTEM’S COLLECTOR
Your solar panels can really be mounted anywhere near the swimming pool. Typically they are mounted on roofs. However, anywhere that provides the proper exposure and orientation is the best spot. Your solar contractor can help you with evaluating where to put it and the size you need.
Understanding SOLAR SWIMMING POOL HEATING SYSTEM COSTS
You will want to compare the pricing of different solar models before selecting your solar pool heating system. It will give you an idea of what your investment and your savings will be.
You won’t want to simply choose a solar pool heating system only on price. Make sure you look at all of the factors before you choose one.
You may want to consider:
- The performance rating (Btu/day)
- How many collector panels are needed to heat your pool
- The cost of the system
INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE
The proper installation of a solar pool heating system will help your system running efficiently for years to come.
Here are a few questions to ask to ensure the company installing and maintaining your panels is the right one:
- Are you experienced in installing and maintaining solar pool heating systems?
- Make sure the company you choose has experience installing the type of system you want.
- How many years of experience does your company have with solar heating for pools?
- Ask for references – you will want someone experienced and concerned about long term customer service.
Please contact JSQ Custom Pools to discuss solar heating options for your pool